- New XsltManager Application Block added. This block compiles and caches Xslt files. This application block is independent from MSServices, so you can use it seperately.
- ".rest" extension has a "XsltManagerName" property to transform generated Xml output.
- CodeGeneration options have improved.
- A new "Definition Generator" node is introduced to Service node.
- Now you can generate your own "Definition Generator" by applying Xslt to a Service.
- A sample Xslt is introduced on web.config for Python output. eg. http://localhost:6095/Web/MSService.python generates Python code to call MSService atoms.
- Encryption code now uses Enterprise Library features. Unnecessary encryption properties for Rijndael has been removed (commented). Define a Enterprise Library Symmetric Algorithm Provider for MS Service Application Block when you want to use authentication and authorization features.
To run setup files you must have .Net Framework 3.5 installed.
To run requests that involves database, you must have SQL Express 2005 installed. Sample setup uses Northwind database (included with the application).
To be able to edit source files you must have Visual Studio 2008
MSServices is distributed in three setup files;
- MSServicesBinaryIISSetup.msi : (Executables) This distribution is for users who have IIS 5 or higher.
- MSServicesBinaryCassiniSetup.msi : (Executables) This distribution is for users who don't have IIS, but want to test the application standalone. I recommend installing this setup to a folder other than "Program Files" on Vista (eg. C:\MSApp folder). Saving a web.config in "Program Files" with "Enterprise Library Configuration Tool", causes some security issues.
- MSServicesSourceSetup.msi : (Source files) This distibution contains source setup files.
Some tips for source files;
- The builder batch file is stored at "Build" directory under the installation folder, named "MSServicesBuild.bat". Just start this batch to create the distribution files. Files are generated under "<installation folder>\Bin\Setup" folder.
- The main solution is under <installation folder>\MSServices named "MSServices.sln"
- <installation folder>\Lib folder contains needed dll files for solution.